It may seem like an obscure investment to pay someone to come into your home and photograph your family as they go about their day-to-day activities, but think about it this way …
- Do you as the mom or dad get in the photos you take of your kids?
- Do you take photos of the little things your kids do like play with their toys or eating their snacks or wrestling with their dad? Take photos of how your home or their bedrooms are at this stage in their life?
- Do you capture the emotions of your family?
- Are your photos blurry because you take them with your smartphone or a point & shoot camera?
- Do you take photos in a storytelling way? Put them in an album?
These are all things that a lifestyle photographer does when she/he comes into your home for a couple hours. I fell in love with lifestyle photography a couple years ago. I always was a photographer who loved to capture emotions and high energy moments. I love the little details and moments in my family’s life and wanted to capture that for other families. I know I will never get those moments back. I know that when I look back at my photos I’ll wonder where I was or where my husband was. Sure, we get tons of photos of the kids, but we’re never in the photos, or only just one of us. I want to capture the authenticity of your home and your interactions…the good and the bad. I love bringing those moments to life in photos for other families. You can display your story on the wall of your home so much better than posed studio photos.
What does a lifestyle photo session get you when you book Jill Kirtland Photography?
- 1-2 hours in your home photographing the candid interactions of your family as you go about your day-to-day activities. I love capturing kids playing in their rooms or families spending time together in the kitchen or living/family room. If it is a newborn lifestyle session, I spend a lot of time photographing your baby in his/her nursery and the parents/siblings interacting with the baby. It’s a great way to also include the pets!
- 50-100 high resolution digital photos in a shareable web gallery (active for one year)
- up to 50 printed 4×6 photos and all edited high resolution non-watermarked digital photos on a USB flash drive in a beautiful wooden box
- Option to buy other prints (various sizes and mediums) or a photo album